Sunday, March 18, 2007

Waiting for baby to arrive...

My due date was yesterday and that has come and gone. Still no baby. So, this is what I've been doing to keep my mind off things. I knit 2 little baby cardigans from the book "One Skein Wonders". I used Lion Brand Homespun yarn from my stash and adjusted the pattern to be a little smaller for a newborn size. I also ditched the collar. I thought they looked cuter without it. Here they are on the table:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And then being modeled by Digits, the monkey:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here we have Beth's Little Star Afghan from this pattern: http://www.angelfire.com/va3/heartfeltangels/littlestarafghan.html
The middle part is a little weird because I was kinda doing it wrong but I fixed the problem in the outer parts. I've decided not to go back and fix the middle. It'll have to just have "character". This was a "stash buster" crochet project using random acrylic yarns.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's to hoping the baby comes soon so he can enjoy these handmade projects (before he outgrows them in like 3 months!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my god i'm 7 months and can't imagine going past my due date! i would go NUTS!

i love your little sweaters (i was thinking of making one) and i just finished up a star afghan too! great minds think alike!

lasandri
www.sandrisuperstar.com